Message from the Superintendent of Schools
Welcome to the Schuylkill Haven Area School District’s web site. Schuylkill Haven is a small and dynamic school district in which students are not only encouraged but expected to excel in our classrooms, in our arts programs and in our athletic arena.Our dedicated staff, both professional and support personnel, sincerely care about our students and our schools. As a result of their fine efforts, we have the finest quality educational programs and facilities in the area.A strong support base comes from our community members who traditionally value a strong school system. We have a large hardworking P.T.O. and countless booster groups working tirelessly for our students.The Board of Directors and Administration are proud of our school system. However, we also believe that you cannot stand still and must continually strive to improve. To that end, our administrative team has developed the following belief statements:
- Since all students can learn, it is our responsibility to challenge all students to reach their full potential.
- Students need a solid foundation in the arts as well as the core subject areas.
- We all – administrators, teachers, support staff and students – need to think about and prepare for the future.
- We should be positive role models by responding sympathetically and constructively to all individuals and groups, seeking to understand and work effectively with those who are different.
- Students learn in a variety of ways; it is our educational responsibility to provide various learning opportunities with fidelity.
- Curricula should be prioritized to focus on crucial elements and should encourage students to synthesize their knowledge in a variety of formats.
We welcome you to join us as we work to provide a quality education for all students…whatever it takes.
- Thank you.
- Lorraine M. Felker
- Superintendent of Schools